Approved by the IEEE-VIT Core Committee
We, the members of IEEE-VIT, recognize the importance of IEEE activities in our fields of interest as well as college. By this obligation we commit ourselves to the highest standards of integrity, responsible behavior, and ethical and professional conduct. We agree to be bound by the following rules.
1. Be respectful of others.
• We will be respectful of others, including non IEEE-VIT members and will act in a professional manner while participating in IEEE activities.
• We will be respectful of the privacy of others and the protection of their personal information and data.
2. Treat people fairly.
• We will not engage in harassment of any kind, or bullying behavior whether in person, via cybertechnology or otherwise.
• We will not discriminate against any person because of characteristics protected by law (e.g. religion, gender, appearance, etc).
3. Refrain from retaliation.
• We will not retaliate against any IEEE member or other person who reports an act of misconduct, or who reports any violation of this Code of Conduct.
• We will not retaliate against any person who makes IEEE aware of the violation of any laws, rules or regulations in connection with IEEE activities.
4. Avoid injuring others, their property, reputation or employment.
• We will avoid injuring others, their property, data, reputation, or employment by false or malicious action.
• We will not engage in or participate in the spreading of any malicious rumors, defamation or any other verbal or physical abuses, against an IEEE member, or other person, whether on the Internet or otherwise.